Sports Mouthguards in Mount Pleasant, MI
Do you or your child play contact sports? It is estimated that 5 million teeth will be knocked out due to sports in this year alone. Your smile is an investment, whether you have invested time taking care of your teeth or if you have invested money into making your smile the way you always wanted it to be. Protect your teeth and your child’s teeth from injury with a custom mouthguard. According to the American Dental Association, sports mouthguards can prevent over 200,000 injuries a year.
In many instances, your smile is the first thing people notice about you. If you are involved in any sports such as football, baseball, basketball, you may want to protect your smile. No matter your age, young or old, you may want to consider a custom fit mouthguard.
Visit Mid Michigan Smiles for custom sports mouthguards, and other general dental services for all ages.
Mouthguards offer multiple benefits to patients of all ages, such as:
- A secure and stable fit
- Protection from tooth loss
- A reduced chance of concussion
- Protection of dental work from damage
The “boil and bite” mouthguards found in stores don’t offer a custom-fit like professional mouthguards. Without a perfect fit, over-the-counter mouthguards can fall out or make it more difficult to speak with them on. Professional mouthguards can prevent patients from resorting to restorative solutions later in life. Although our team does offer tooth bonding for chipped teeth and dental implants for missing teeth, we aim to protect healthy natural teeth.
Dr. Raymond Ribitch will work with you or your child to create a sports mouthguard that fits comfortably. He will take a mold of teeth to craft the final mouthguard. Ensure that the mouthguard is cleaned regularly with an antibacterial solution and thoroughly cleaned once a month. Cleaning the mouthguard prevents bacteria from forming and keeps it fresh for regular use.
Why Does It Need To Be Custom Fit?
- Custom Fit: Everyone has a different smile, meaning that the generic store mouthguard may not fit securely in your mouth causing them to move during play. With a custom fit mouthguard, you will not have to worry about the mouthguard shifting during the game or irritating your gums.
- Cool Factor: What’s cooler than keeping your teeth intact? A custom fit mouthguards come in a variety of colors, so you can design one that matches your unique smile. Even some of the world’s best athletes wear custom mouthguards to bring some much-needed flair to their uniforms.
- Confidence: If you have a wonderful smile, you want to do what you can to keep in protected. A custom fit mouthguard can help reduce your risk of injury during contact sports and physical activity. So, do not be afraid any longer, come in and get fitted for a custom fit mouthguard; it is inexpensive and takes only a few minutes.
Protect your teeth and prevent future dental work with a custom-fit professional mouthguard. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Ribitch and his team today. Call us at 989.200.3896 or schedule an appointment online today.